If you’re interested in natural medicine, you might be surprised to learn about the effective Natural Medicines You Can Make at Home. Using herbs, plants, and other natural ingredients, you can create potent remedies to help with a variety of ailments.
Here are 10 Natural Medicines You Can Make at Home:
- Ginger tea: Ginger has been used for centuries to soothe upset stomachs and alleviate nausea. To make ginger tea, simply slice a piece of fresh ginger root and boil it in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Garlic oil: Garlic is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. To make garlic oil, crush several cloves of garlic and mix them with olive oil. Let the mixture sit for a few days, then strain out the garlic and use the oil topically for earaches or as a natural insect repellent.
- Calendula salve: Calendula is a healing plant that can be used to soothe skin irritations and wounds. To make a calendula salve, infuse the flowers in olive oil for several days, then mix the oil with beeswax to create a thick, healing balm.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint is a natural pain reliever and can help alleviate headaches and muscle aches. To make peppermint oil, crush fresh peppermint leaves and mix them with a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil.
- Echinacea tincture: Echinacea is a popular immune-boosting herb. To make a tincture, steep the herb in alcohol for several weeks. The resulting tincture can be taken orally to help prevent colds and flu.
- Elderberry syrup: Elderberries are rich in antioxidants and can help boost the immune system. To make elderberry syrup, simmer the berries in water and honey for several hours. The resulting syrup can be taken by the spoonful to help prevent colds and flu.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile is a calming herb that can help with anxiety and insomnia. To make chamomile tea, steep the dried flowers in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Lavender oil: Lavender is a calming herb that can help with anxiety and promote relaxation. To make lavender oil, crush fresh lavender flowers and mix them with a carrier oil.
- Arnica salve: Arnica is a natural pain reliever that can help with sore muscles and bruises. To make an arnica salve, infuse the flowers in olive oil for several days, then mix the oil with beeswax to create a thick, healing balm.
- Comfrey ointment: Comfrey is a healing herb that can be used to soothe wounds and promote tissue regeneration. To make a comfrey ointment, infuse the herb in olive oil for several days, then mix the oil with beeswax to create a thick, healing balm.
By making your own natural medicines at home, you can save money and avoid the chemicals and additives found in many commercial products. Just be sure to do your research and follow proper safety guidelines when working with herbs and other natural ingredients. This is: 10 Natural Medicines You Can Make at Home.
Thank you so much for reading: “10 Natural Medicines You Can Make at Home.” New to: abbynmiddleton.com? I post weekly blog posts on health, beauty, and lifestyle! If you liked this post, you might also like my blog post on: “5 Fruits to Improve Skin, Hair, and Energy Levels.” For more reading on: “10 Natural Medicines You Can Make at Home,” check out this blog post here!